1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In The Beloved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Mar 24, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    IN THE BELOVED

Philippians 3
    3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Nothing that I have ever done has commended me to God.

I spent years seeking to find a way to overcome my indwelling and ever present sin only to have it rear its head with a vengeance at the first sign of temptation. This was of course a private, internal battle that was raging as I spent years performing my "good works" and "Christian duties" in the sight of my fellow man. I diligently and sincerely sought to please my god through my best works, only to fail at every turn.

It was only when the Lord opened my eyes to the utter hopelessness of this flesh and the absolute glorious, substitutionary, finished work of Christ that I found a place of rest and refuge. For the first time in my life, I was free from the terrors of the law. I was free from sin and condemnation, for my condemnation had fallen on Christ and he drank damnation dry in my place.

I knew I would never be judged by my works, for no man could stand that judgment. I had been judged in the Beloved, through his obedience unto the death of the cross and as he is loved of God, so am I. The entirety of my sin has been charged to him and the entirety of his righteousness charged to me. I knew that the righteousness I had been seeking was found in another who is presently seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven and this righteousness is mine by the gracious, eternal decree of Almighty God.

Romans 4
    6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
    7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This is the glorious liberty of all of God's sheep. The are eternally viewed as in the Beloved by God and as such, they are beloved of Him.

Ephesians 1
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

- by Kenny Dyess, via his Facebook page

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In something means literally to be within the something. In Christ means God has translocated the person spiritually from being "in Adam" to being "in Christ."

In scripture this "translocation" action is referred to in several ways, we believe into Christ, we are called into His kingdom, we are baptized into Christ, and we are given to Christ.

The key to recognizing when the meaning of these phrases is "translocation into Christ's spiritual body" is found in the context where the phrase appears.

In Ephesians 1:6 since God has bestowed His grace upon those in view, they have indeed been translocated into the Beloved which is Christ's spiritual body.

In Colossians 1:13 the meaning needs no clarification.

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, ​

In 1 Corinthians 1:9 called into fellowship refers to being translocated and thus together with Christ.

God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.​

In John 3:16 everyone believing into Him refers to those translocated into Christ's spiritual body based on God crediting their faith as righteousness.

Several verses indicate people who were "baptized into Christ" such as Romans 6:3, 1 Corinthians 12:13, and Galatians 3:27. All these refer to being translocated into Christ's spiritual body, where we were "made alive" together with Christ, and thus underwent the washing of regeneration and arose a new creation for good works.

Finally in John 6:37, we have people given to Christ of whom He will not cast out, thus they were translocated into Christ's spiritual body.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chosen in eternity... Quickened in time!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corporately chosen in eternity, individually chosen and made alive during their lifetime.
    Scripture precludes our individual election before we lived without mercy, when we were not a people chosen for God's possession.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever wonder why when theology is discussed, an idea is expressed in jargon, which has to be restated in plain language?

Why say "quickened" when the idea is made alive.

Why say chosen when the idea is either corporately chosen or individually chosen?

Why not follow Christ's command to speak boldly, plainly and clearly?